Communication - whether internal or external - is important to us, and we use all of the channels we can to get our message across. Online marketing and an in-depth analysis of reader flow helps us to continue improving and marketing our services - innovatively, creatively, and around the world.
Your missionAs a member of the Marketing und Partnerships team, you will work very closely with the IT and editorial teams, as well as with our decision-makers. Your role will involve the following responsibilities, among others:
Business Analysis and Audience Development
- Promote the use of data within the company, monitor user behaviour and identify measures to be taken (editorial topics, SEO, UX, social media etc.) to improve the service
- Develop digital ways of measuring the success of the company, focusing on impact und outcome
- Take the lead on introducing and integrating data analysis tools (data capture, management and use)
- Interpret analytical studies, recognise potential, identify measures to be taken and work with the editorial team to implement them
- Work with IT to put in place online measuring systems
- Produce, automate and develop reports on performance derived from various web analysis tools such as Webtrekk, Parse.ly, Google Analytics, Facebook etc.
- Produce regular analytical studies and derive recommendations for action
- Maintain and develop the internal BI dashboard (Power BI)
- Carry out specific analytical studies to analyse critical situations and identify lessons to be learnt
- Develop the department and define KPIs in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Extract and process data from various data sources (e.g. using APIs)
- Monitor market trends (measurements / SEO, social media, UX etc.)
- Raise awareness in the company (staff training courses)
- Participate in projects and company-wide working groups
- You have spent several years working on the systematic capture of user data from online services, with verifiable experience of developing those processes effectively and sustainably in large organisations
- You are able to think analytically and coherently, combined with a structured, strategic approach and a definite interest in our media work
- Preferably you have some experience of using business intelligence tools (such as Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- You are used to taking responsibility and enjoy working at the interface and with decision-makers
- You have a curious mind and a distinctly proactive way of working.
- Your mother tongue is German, French or English and you are very good in one of these as a second language
What we have to offer
- A new key role with plenty of scope for development in the dynamic environment of digital media and public service broadcasting
- A lively and dynamic team and a multicultural environment where it is fun to use your own skills and initiative
- A combination of working in the office and from home is possible
- Work closely with the Executive Board
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Progressive employment terms
«In this key role you are an important sparring partner for all decision-makers and have the opportunity to make things happen at SWI swissinfo.ch.» My world in 360°
My world in 360°
High-quality journalism is our core business and passion. We have editorial freedom, encourage creativity and provide plenty of room for new and valuable content.
For us, high-quality journalism is also digital. That is why we explore new opportunities and experiment with new forms and formats: digitally, interactively and across different media. We create content that is in tune with the times and has its finger firmly on its audience’s pulse.
We work self-reliantly, in the spirit of partnership and help to shape our working atmosphere in a truly distinctive way. Our success is built as much on the personal strengths of our employees as it is on their professional qualities.
We reach and touch the whole of Switzerland with our programmes. In our work, we act respectfully and independently, which is how we encourage people to form opinions and strengthen diversity. We are proud of our work and of our contribution to Switzerland.
Glimpse into a working day
Place of work
Any further questions?
About the position
Team Leader Online Marketing
Phone +41 58 136 28 23
About the application process
Head of Human Resources SWI
Phone +41 58 136 28 00
- SWI swissinfo.ch
- Giacomettistrasse 1
- 3006 Bern
Pour compléter son équipe, le service Événements met au concours le poste de Responsable Événements Jeune Public.
The Communications + Marketing team communicates openly and transparently, and continuously develops...